The list of typical Chilean food is rather small, but
you should not miss to try the following:
- Pastel de Choclo: corn casserole with meat stuffing
- Empanadas: pastry filled with meat, cheese or mussels
- Cazuela: homemade stew with beef, chicken, corn, rice and potatoes
- Asado: barbecue of beef, pork or chicken
- Reineta, Congrio, Corvina: the most typical fish
- Locos: a rare type of mollusks
- Jaiva: shrimp, crab
- Centolla: king crab with tender meat of reddish color
Enjoy your meal with the excellent Chilean wine and go ahead and have one or two Pisco Sour!
For further dishes see Menu or check out the Eat and Drink like a Chilean article.
Remember, if you need accommodation in Santiago de Chile visit our Furnished Apartments section. We have several apartments available for rent in the main areas of the Chilean capital.