The foundation focuses on nature conservation, restoration of forests and wildlife, ecological and sustainable agriculture, renewable energy production, environmental activism and support of local ecological economies. For the foundation it is an ethic responsibility to save biodiversity and the ecosystems on our planet. For this reason it has developed various conservation projects in the South of Chile.
- The work will generally deal with plants, animals, agriculture and organic techniques.
- You will be involved in work and supervision in the organic agricultural fields, e.g. sowing, setting roots, watering, harvesting, extraction of plants for selling as well as weed control and cutting, moving electric fences, etc.
- You will learn to understand how sustainable management functions and in which way conventional methods of agriculture do harm to our planet.
- Furthermore, you can assist in the calving of animals and you will learn about sanitary control.
- In addition, there will be some work in apiculture (if not allergic), e.g. you can get an insight in the management of organic hives as well as the preparation and handling of other organic products such as berries.
Monday to Friday from 8am - 12am and 2pm - 6pm, Saturday half day. 6 days off per month.
accomodation and food
- Basic Spanish skills in order to communicate with the people
- Ready for manual labour in the fields
- Should be ok with adverse and rainy climate as well as life in isolated areas
- Minimum period: 1 month
- Optimal period: 3 or more months
- Minimum age: 18